Andersen Windows - Anderson "oops-proof" guarantee isn't

Purchased an expensive $300+ Anderson storm from Home Depot. The outside of the box has

"Easy, 'oops-proof' installation - Any lost parts or mis-cuts during installation may be replaced free of charge" in giant letters on the outside of the box.

When our contractor made a mistake with the installation requiring replacement parts, Anderson's call center in Manila, Philippines (800-933-3626 and 888-888-7020) said that only mis-cuts were covered, not installation mistakes like drilling into the wrong place on the door - something I would consider an "oops".

All they would do is sell me the parts for an additional $50. Shame on Anderson for false advertising.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 6 Yes 6 8 No 8
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 25, 2013 #721521

The operative words is "may", as in "may replace". If it said "will replace", then you would have a guarantee worth something.

Nov 27, 2012 #574784

I'm looking for replacement windows so I thought I'd look for "problems" on the Internet.

Reading about drafty windows, windows that explode, rotting and other such issues seem like real issues. Reading about outsourced phone support seems like a small issue.

Just my two cents.

May 14, 2012 #480394

Sorry that you received the same treatment from Anderson Windows. I could barely understand the representatives I spoke with.

I won't buy another Anderson Window & Door product again either.

May 14, 2012 #480386

The same thing happened with our door installation! (Except that my husband and I were installing the door ourselves.) The Anderson representatives were singularly unhelpful and we had to purchase the new parts at substantial cost.

Anderson touts its American roots and production, but they outsourced their phone support overseas. I will never buy another Anderson product again! :(

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Andersen Windows. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Andersen Windows.
Filing a new complaint about