131 views
2.2

Replace 15 windows and 1 sliding patio door in 2005, all Andersen I thought best quality. About 3 years the lock failed on the sliding patio door, Andersen sent knew parts for lock.

Couple years later it failed again, Andersen sent new parts. When the lock kept failing and was going out of warranty, (Cost over $200) I asked for extra parts to make sure I had supply since this problem was happening almost every year.

Within 5 years of install the weatherstripping failed on the sliding patio door. Replaced the stripping in center of doors 2 times, (last time I had to pay for it), stripping on side of working door replaced once and needs to be replaced again. At 5-6 years half of the windows are letting in noise and drafts from outside.

All were out of warranty when I brought this up to them. I've always heard Andersen was a great product. The 16 years I've had them has been just as much work keeping drafts and street noise out as I had with my 100 year old windows, Had a cheap $200 sliding patio door, after 20 years was starting to let in drafts that we replaced with Andersen $2,000+ sliding patio door ...what a mistake. Will never purchase Andersen again.

That fine print screws you out of what you are led to believe on their warranty coverage. And everything is the contractors fault.

Location: New Hyde Park, New York