550 views
1.8

I purchased Anderson windows for my home remodel project. As part of that project we purchased 2 dual paned bow windows. These were quite expensive but we loved them. Several years later one window got moisture inside it, since it was still under warrantee we contacted Anderson. They sent us a replacement window unit but did not offer to install. We contacted Anderson dealers and found none that would do the install. We contacted Renewal By Anderson but they also would not install. This is only one section of 5 in the bow unit not an entire window replacement, sending us a replacement section with no option to install

is not what are expectations were. We still have not been able to get this window section installed, our warrantee has expired and now the replacement section is still sitting gathering dust and our window is just getting more moisture inside it with no way to clean. With all their positive advertising they just don't stand up to the hype.

Given the chance I would not pick them as a window choice.

Bill B

Product or Service Mentioned: Andersen Windows Window.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Andersen Windows Pros: Style.

Andersen Windows Cons: Warrantee service.

Location: Long Beach, California

Comments

I looked at the warranty on the screen doors. They could save some print if they just put in the list of what is covered. Zero things.

There are many small window replacement places around. Start looking for one to do the job in your area.

You might also wish to re-read your warranty paperwork to determine exactly what Anderson says about replacing a window under warranty, eg., whether labor is included, etc. Warranties always have conditions. Perhaps in your case replacement only means they will give you a new window but not pay for installation. Your warranty info should spell out any conditions, etc.

With these double-pane windows you must expect they will fail, one by one over the years.

I have had one or more fail in the past few years and have had a local window guy order and install the replacements. Look in your area.

@Machele

I called just about every window company in my area including Anderson dealers. I should expect them to fail, really. Then why would I buy them.

Andersen Windows Reviews